If your Air SIM for Japan does not communicate, please check the followings:
Step 1: SORACOM account settings and confirmation
In order to start using an Air SIM, you must create a SORACOM account and complete the SIM registration. Access the User Console and make sure your Air SIM is registered. If the SIM is registered, the IMSI will be displayed on the User Console.
For details on account creation and SIM registration, please refer to the User Console usage guide.
Step 2: Device settings and confirmation
1. Verify that the device is compatible with our Air SIM
Air SIM can be used with unlocked devices or NTT DoCoMo network compatible devices. Please check whether your device supports either of these.
Unlocked devices also needs to be compatible withNTT DoCoMo frequency band. For details on NTT DoCoMo’s frequency band, please refer to the Mobile Telephone Operator Communication Formats and Frequencies document (Japanese) published by the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications.
* Note: In some devices, even if the device itself does not have the SMS transmission / reception function, some devices can not connect to the network without SIM with SMS. If you are using a SIM without SMS and you can not connect to the network with correct settings for Air SIM, please check if the device is compatible with SIM without SMS (SIM for data communication). Please check with the manufacturer.
2. Confirm that the device is receiving NTT DoCoMo signals
Check your device to see whether it is communicating with NTT DoCoMo’s network. If you are unable to get a signal, follow the next steps to set your APN and check the SIM status.
For example, if using a smartphone, check the top area to see if the NTT DoCoMo antenna symbol is displayed. If the device displays “Out of range” or “Searching,” you are not receiving signal.
*Note that if using a SIM with no SMS functionality, the antenna symbol may not display even if it is actually communicating. If the antenna is not displayed, test whether the device is actually communicating. If the device is not connected, please follow the next steps to check your APN settings and SIM status. To display the antenna properly on a device, consider using a SIM with SMS functionality.
3. Check whether the APN is properly set on your device
Check your device’s APN settings to confirm whether the configuration is correct. For details, please refer to the Getting Started section.
Step 3: Check Air SIM status
Turn the device off and remove the Air SIM to check whether it is damaged. If it is damaged, replace it with a new SIM.
If the Air SIM is not damaged, return it to the device and turn the power on again.
If you perform the above steps and your issue is still not resolved:
Please generate a support ticket and provide the following information.
- Operator ID
- Air SIM IMSI
- Details on device currently in use
- Details of issue